Marc Dal is a member of the Brussels Bar (1996). He is a partner at DALDEWOLF. He co-heads the Arbitration, Complex Litigation and Mediation team. He is also a member of the Corporate and Financial Law team.
Marc specialises in litigation management, litigating in court and arbitration proceedings. He has participated, as counsel and as arbitrator (co-arbitrator, sole arbitrator or presiding arbitrator), in more than fifty arbitration proceedings, both institutional (including ICC, CEPANI) and ad hoc (governed by civil law, common law or international law). Marc is a member of the board of the Belgian Centre for Arbitration and Mediation (CEPANI). He regularly acts in complex civil and commercial disputes before the Belgian courts.
MAIN AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Complex litigation
- Corporate law, mergers & acquisitions
- Commercial contracts
ACTIVITIES AND AFFILIATIONS
- Member of the Brussels Bar
- Member of the Board of Directors of Cepani (Belgian Arbitration and Mediation Centre)
- Member of the Disciplinary Board of Appeal for lawyers
- Professor of ethics at the training centre of the French Bar Association of Brussels
- Member of the editorial board of the Journal des tribunaux
- President of Kickcancer (public utility foundation)
- Former member of the Council of the Brussels Bar Association (2010-2013),
- Former secretary of the Bar Association (2012-2013)
- Former President of the Brussels Young Bar Conference (2009-2010)
- Master of Comparative Jurisprudence, New York University School of Law (1995)
- Law degree, UCLouvain (1994)
- « L’arbitrage en droit belge et international », t. I – Le droit belge, 3rd ed., Brussels, Bruylant, 2015, 784 p. (with G.A. Dal, G. Keutgen and G. Matray).
- « L’amiable composition : un pouvoir et un devoir », in Liber Amicorum Cepani (50 years of solutions), Wolters Kluwer, 2019, p. 79
- « Du nouveau en matière de conciliation, médiation et droit collaboratif : la loi du 18 juin 2018 portant dispositions diverses en matière de droit civil et des dispositions en vue de promouvoir des formes alternatives des règlements des litiges », with C. Verbruggen, in b-Arbitra, 2018/2, p. 301
- « Recueil des règles professionnelles de l’Ordre français des avocats du barreau de Bruxelles », with F. Bruyns, G. Cruysmans and M. Vlies, Anthemis, Limal, 2019, 708 p.
- « L’avocat détaché en entreprise », with F. Bruyns, G. Cruysmans and M. Vlies, in Journal des tribunaux, Brussels, Ed. Larcier, 2019, p. 66 (706 p.)
- « Report on the Belgian Arbitration Law », in International Handbook on Commercial Arbitration Law, Suppl. 104, Wolters Kluwer, Feb. 2019 (58 p.)