Xavier Van der Mersch is a member of the Brussels (1991) and New York (1986) bars. He is a partner at DALDEWOLF. He is a member of the Corporate and Financial Law team and the Social Law team.
Xavier specialises in mergers and acquisitions, private equity and capital markets transactions. He also advises companies and their managers on corporate litigation. As a result of his regular involvement in restructuring operations, he has also developed an expertise in all areas of employment law with which companies are confronted. Prior to joining the firm, Xavier practiced for eight years in the New York and Brussels offices of Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton and then for 20 years with McGuireWoods.
MAIN AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Corporate law
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Employment law
ACTIVITIES AND AFFILIATIONS
- Member of the Brussels Bar
- Member of the New York Bar
- Deputy judge at the Brussels Court of Appeal
- Fulbright Scholar
- Former Trustee of the International School of Brussels
- LL.M. Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, ranked 1st among LL.M. candidates (1984)
- Licentiaat in het Bedrijfsbeheer (Vlerick) M.B.A. (1983)
- Law Degree, UCLouvain (1982)