Xiufang (Ava) Tu is a member of the Brussels Bar (2019). She is a Partner at DALDEWOLF. She is a member of the Corporate and Financial Law team.
Xiufang (Ava) Tu received legal educations both in P.R. China and Belgium. She first practiced in Shanghai China as a PRC qualified lawyer (since 2009). She then got qualified in Belgium. In this capacity, she heads DALDEWOLF’s China Desk.
Before joining DALDEWOLF, she worked in several law firms in Shanghai and Brussels. She was also an inhouse legal counsel in an insurance group.
Over the years, Xiufang (Ava) Tu has developed a wide expertise in company law, merger and acquisitions, joint-ventures, contracts, and transactions involving Chinese and Belgian parties. She also represents European clients in front of arbitration centers and handles disputes involving Chinese parties. She focuses her expertise on foreign direct investment and cross-border arbitration.
MAIN AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Corporate law
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- China related legal structure
ACTIVITIES ET AFFILIATIONS
- Member of the Brussels Bar
- Member of IPBA (Inter-Pacific Bar Association)
- Member of the Association for Chinese Lawyers in Europe (ACLE)
- Law Degree (equivalence), Université Libre de Bruxelles (2019)
- LL.M. (Master of EU Laws), Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (2014)
- Bachelor and Master of Chinese Laws, East China University of Political, Science and Law (2010)
Conferences et seminars
- February 2022: « an overview of Chinese companies’ M&As in Europe» organized by China Chamber of Commerce to the EU
- June 2021: « Mercurio Beyond Borders China » organized by Voka – Kamer van Koophandel Limburg