- Patrick Van Leynseele
Patrick Van Leynseele
Member of the Brussels Bar since 1979 and of the Bar of New York since 1997, Patrick Van Leynseele graduated from the Free University of Brussels and holds a Master of Comparative Law degree from the University of Miami (1979).
He has worked with law firms in Miami, Brussels and New York.
Patrick Van Leynseele is involved in arbitration, both as counsel or as arbitrator. He is an accredited arbitrator with several international arbitration centers.
He is a former member of the Council of the Order of the French-speaking section of the Brussels Bar (2009-2012) and chaired the Bar’s ADR commission during these years. During his tenure, different mediation programs were put in place between the Bar and the courts.
He pioneered civil and commercial mediation in Belgium and has more than 150 mediations under his belt, both in Belgium and abroad. He was described by his peers as "the Pope of mediation” in the 2012 issue of Chambers Europe and as a lawyer who is "highly visible” in these areas.
Patrick Van Leynseele’s practice has been centered around general corporate work, M & A, venture capital investments, joint ventures etc., both as an adviser, a negotiator and a dispute resolution expert.
Due to his experience in working with Italian clients, together with Dominique Bogaert, he is part of the Italian Desk of DALDEWOLF.
Alternative dispute resolution, Business Law and contracts, Corporate
- "Enforceability of mediation clauses in Belgium and the Netherlands", Nederlands-Vlaams tijdschrift voor Mediation en conflictmanagement, 2017, n°3, Ed. Boom Juridisch – Intersentia, The Hague, pp. 37-58
- "Mediation en advocatuur : compatibel of bedreiging ?", Today's Lawyer May 2017, p.15
- "Réflexions sur le rôle du juge dans l'envoi en médiation", J.T. 2016, 202
- "Le processus de médiation : un exemple d'entame du médiateur", Tribunaux, barreaux et révisorat d'entreprise : actualité de leur collaboration et actualité en droit des affaires, Maklu 2012, p. 69
- "La 'Med-Arb' et ses dérivés. Plaidoyer pour un mode de résolution des conflits efficace", Liber Amicorum Georges-Dal, pp. 833-864, Larcier 2013
- "Med-Arb et tierce décision obligatoire : les enjeux les écueils, les solutions et les précautions à prendre", JURIM Pratique, "Les modes alternatifs de règlement des conflits" Larcier 1/2014, p. 101
- Mediation and arbitration in labour law (Kluwer, 2011)
Conflicts of interest in alternative dispute resolution (Conflits d'intérêts, Anthemis 2011)
Mediation in the judicial code] (JT, 30 April 2005, no. 6179, p. 297 et seq.)
A new law on mediation
When parties master resolving their conflicts
What is mediation?
Introduction to proceedings in civil and commercial cases